Community Outreach Event Wednesday, Sept 9th 11:30 - 12:30 Birch Park Virtual Open House Sept 15th 4-5:15 PM ON Campus SAT Test September 23rd 5

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ridge View Graduate Returns To The View

Gabriel Fonseca-Medina, a 2010 RVHS graduate, is interning with Ms. Lisa Ellis in Student Activities.  As the first junior to become Coker College's Student Body President, he established new governing documents for future student governments and was awarded the prestigious James D. Daniels Student Leader of the Year award.  According to Mrs. Daniels, "Dr. Daniels would have been proud and honored to meet [Gabe].  [He] truly embodied his vision for a student leader."  Now let's hear from Gabe:

When I look back at where it all started, I am fortunate enough to say that I was and am a BLAZER.  Ridge View High School provided me with the opportunity to express myself in a safe environment.  I learned real life lessons simply by getting involved with the Ridge View family.  My time at Ridge View has prepared me to accomplish amazing goals that I would have never imagined. 

Coming back to Ridge View was one of the hardest decisions I had to make because I knew my college career was almost over.  As a Student Activities intern, I have the chance to carry out my passion in leadership and communications.  A lot has changed since my days at Ridge View, from new principal, to new administrators, a new wing and even a new enhanced positive perception of my alma mater.  

What's next?  Simple!  After my most anticipated graduation from Coker College on December 13, 2013, I plan to attend Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah to obtain a Masters of Arts in Community Leadership.  If all stays on track, I will then attend the University of California-Los Angeles for a Master of Education in Higher Education and then a Ph.D. in Leadership.  But wherever I end up; and no matter what I am doing or where I am, Ridge View has truly prepared me to not only dream big dreams, but to accomplish them.  With a little hard work, ANYTHING is possible.  GO BLAZERS!!!