Community Outreach Event Wednesday, Sept 9th 11:30 - 12:30 Birch Park Virtual Open House Sept 15th 4-5:15 PM ON Campus SAT Test September 23rd 5

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Academics Spotlight: Thanksgiving in Math Terms

In Mrs. Porter-Nichols math class, student were asked to write 12 things they are thankful for and were required to use five math terms in their writing. The best thank you was turned in by Kiara McVay.  Here are her Kiara's words:


I'm thankful for the numerous people in my life like my family and my friends. The two main factors that make me who I am are my parents and my sister. In addition to friends and family, there are many other things that I'm thankful for. My teachers are also a very important variable in my life. A large fraction of my day is spent at school, so the outcome is that I always form a bond with most of my teachers. As well as teachers I'm thankful for school, it'll prepare me for life so I can get a degree and learn how to do things on my own. I'm also thankful for my classmates and close circle of friends because they have taught me the value of friendship. If I had to evaluate my thanks using an expression,  it would be family + friends + teachers equals thanks.