Community Outreach Event Wednesday, Sept 9th 11:30 - 12:30 Birch Park Virtual Open House Sept 15th 4-5:15 PM ON Campus SAT Test September 23rd 5

Sunday, March 27, 2016

ARTS: Clayton Announces Retirement

File Photo: Mr. Clayton marching with the
band in Philadelphia's Thanksgiving Day Parade n 2014.
Ridge View has been blessed to have had only one band director since it opened its doors in the fall of 1994, Mr. Vince Clayton. Mr. Clayton recently announced his retirement effective at the end of the school year. Mr. Clayton has finished his career on a strong note. He directed the marching band to a 3rd place finish at the state championships this past fall, and was recently inducted into the South Carolina Band Director's Hall of Fame.  In a farewell message to our Blazer Nation, Mr. Clayton had this to say: "After 34 years of teaching, it's time to pass the baton. I have decided to retire as Director of Bands at the end of this school year. Each year has been a blessing, especially the last 21 years at Ridge View High School. I have had the honor to view my colleagues as my heroes, my administrators as my allies, my supporters as my friends, and my students as my musicians. Lives have been impacted each day, but none more so than mine. I will truly miss the podium and making music with exceptional young people. God bless you all for making my life so rich." Thank you for all you have done Mr. Clayton. We all wish you the best in your retirement.